Breaking

Family, friends protest as abducted broadcaster remains missing for over year

Family members and friends of a broadcaster, Mr Peter Tex, took to the streets of Calabar, Cross River State, on Saturday to protest over his whereabouts following his abduction by gunmen a year ago near his workplace.


The protesters marched from 12 Chamley Street (Tex’s residence) to the premises of Cross River Broadcasting Corporation where he worked.

Read more: How Nigeria fashion designers reduced importation in Nigeria

Briefing journalists, Tex’s son, Alexander, who spoke on behalf of the family, said it was unfortunate that one year after his father was abducted, the family did not hear anything about him.

He said it was pathetic that his whereabouts could not be ascertained, adding that the family did not know whether he was dead or alive.


“It has been one year of unanswered questions, pains, trauma and high expectations. We still continue to expect the return of our dear father, who has yet to return home to his children.

Read also: How Nigeria celebrities influence youths

“There is still no word, no details, no breakthrough and no pleasant news about what happened to Peter Tex,” Alexander lamented.

He said despite engaging the police, Department of State Services and other law enforcement agencies to unravel the mystery behind their father’s abduction, all efforts had proved abortive.


“It is one year without our family head, our breadwinner and father,” he said, adding that life had been unbearable.

“For a year now, it is still unknown what has happened to our father. We do not really know if he is still alive; if not where are his remains?

“Who are the people who carried out this criminal operation? Are they still walking the streets of Calabar without any price paid? Should we believe the man is dead? When he is supposed to be in active service to his state his whereabouts unknown,” he said.

He appealed to the state government, security agents and the media to do whatever possible to unravel the mystery behind the disappearance of the broadcaster. Punch
Disclaimer
Most News articles reported on SSTNEWS are a reflection of what is published in the media. SSTNEWS is not in a position to verify the accuracy of daily news articles, however, we ensure that only news articles from credible sources are reflected in this service. Independent opinions which are mailed to us may also be published from time to time at our discretion, however the sources for these independent articles will be clearly stated.

Share your story with us: SMS: +2349067561649, Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Email: shockingstatementafrica@gmail.com or qubesentertainmentmagazine@yahoo.com
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Twitter: @sstnewsng