Breaking

In Uganda: Chinese COVID-19 Survivors To Face Prosecution For Escaping From Quarantine

   

   

Two Chinese nationals that were discharged on Sunday from Mulago National Referral Hospital after full recovery from COVID-19, will still have to face the law, Uganda Ministry of Health has revealed.

These were among six Chinese, who were intercepted last month in Zombo District as they tried to cross the border to DRC following their escape from quarantine in the capital, Kampala, Daily Monitor reports.

   

  On March 25, Ministry of Health had tweeted, “The five new cases are three Ugandans and two Chinese.

In Uganda: Chinese COVID-19 Survivors To Face Prosecution For Escaping From Quarantine

United Kingdom to begin trial of COVID-19 vaccine on patients from Thursday

Lebanese advertises Nigerian woman on Facebook for sale

AU ex-envoy, others decry maltreatment of Africans in China 


"The two Chinese are part of the six who were intercepted in Zombo District.”


Dr Joyce Moriku Kaducu, the State Minister for Primary Healthcare, on Monday said although the two Chinese nationals were handed over to their country’s embassy in Kampala, they still had queries to answer.

   

   
She said, “They handed them to the embassy but still they have to be called and they will face the law.


"These still have to answer queries altogether. At that time they were sick but now they are healed. They were not only two but four were also negative so they should all be together.” Saharareporters


Disclaimer
Most News articles reported on SSTNEWS are a reflection of what is published in the media. SSTNEWS is not in a position to verify the accuracy of daily news articles, however, we ensure that only news articles from credible sources are reflected in this service. Independent opinions which are mailed to us may also be published from time to time at our discretion, however the sources for these independent articles will be clearly stated.

Share your story with us: SMS: +2349067561649, Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Email: shockingstatementafrica@gmail.com or qubesentertainmentmagazine@yahoo.com
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Twitter: @sstnewsng