Breaking

Donald Trump launches legal battle as world leaders hail Biden



President Donald Trump is expected to start a legal battle on Monday.

He had, after Democratic candidate, Joe Biden, on Saturday won the United States presidential election, rejected the result, saying he was going to court.

Associated Press had reported that Biden had 290 Electoral College votes against Trump’s 214 votes. Also, Biden won 74,939,396 votes, representing 50.6 per cent,

Trump had 70,636,322, representing 47.7 per cent of the votes.

Biden had addressed a deeply divided nation on Saturday night, promising to unite the country.

He also asked the supporters of President Donald Trump to give him a chance, calling on all Americans to turn the page from what he described as a “grim era of demonisation.”

Biden made the plea for unity and understanding in his home town of Wilmington, Delaware.

He pledged to govern by the creed that “ he does not see blue states and red states, but only the United States.”

But Trump had said, “The simple fact is this election is far from over. Beginning Monday, our campaign will start prosecuting our case in court to ensure election laws are fully upheld and the rightful winner is seated. So what is Biden hiding? I will not rest until the American People have the honest vote count they deserve and that Democracy demands.”

Trump showed no indication that he plans to concede to his rival and continued to push the natrative on Twitter that he had won the election.

He was said to be pushing his attorneys to pursue legal challenges that would delay formal certification of the results.

It was gathered on Sunday that there been no change in Trump’s plan to approach court although the CNN reported that, Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, had approached the President about conceding the election.

Biden-Harris deputy campaign manager, Kate Bedingfield, said there had been no communication between Biden and Trump, or between any representatives from either campaign, since the race was called.

Biden campaign senior adviser Symone Sanders, also told CNN’s Jake Tapper on ‘State of The Union’ Sunday that “a number of Republicans from the Hill have reached out but I don’t believe anyone from the White House has.”

 Punch

Socialize

Disclaimer
Most News articles reported on SSTNEWS are a reflection of what is published in the media. SSTNEWS is not in a position to verify the accuracy of daily news articles, however, we ensure that only news articles from credible sources are reflected in this service. Independent opinions which are mailed to us may also be published from time to time at our discretion, however the sources for these independent articles will be clearly stated.

Share your story with us: SMS: +2349067561649, Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Email: shockingstatementafrica@gmail.com or qubesentertainmentmagazine@yahoo.com
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2349067561649, Twitter: @sstnewsng